Monday, April 11, 2011

Kevin Cossom's Mixtape Release/Signing Party @ Vinnie Styles, April 11, 2011



So as I sat inside watching soccer on this beautiful Monday I decided to check one of my favorite blogs, myfreeconcert.blogspot.com, and see if there were any shows coming up this month that I need to look forward to, that is of course, besides the tons I already knew about. It seemed that on this Monday, the guys at My Free Concert posted the flyer that is above this particular write-up, about songwriter Kevin Cossom's mixtape release party. I decided since I didn't have anything else that night that I would go check it out, I mean, why not?

Kevin Cossom is a singer and songwriter who is very popular amongst music industry professionals, but may not necessarily be a household name...yet. He's written songs for big names in the business already, like Rick Ross, Mary J. Blige, and R. Kelly, and he's the man behind Keri Hilson's hit song "Knock You Down." He's trying to make a name for himself on the performance side of the business by putting out a mixtape aptly named "By Any Means," as well as releasing a single called "Baby I Like It," featuring Brooklyn's own Fabolous and the Bad Boy super producer Diddy. This song got major play at the event from DJ Zeke, as you would guess. He also played a few other tracks from the mixtape that Kevin so calmly sat down and signed copies of for eagerly waiting fans.

The people in attendance were a mix of bloggers (like myself), press (kind of like myself), music industry professionals and fashionistas, so basically what one would would expect at such an event. It started off seemingly low-key but by the time Kevin made his grand appearance Vinnie Styles clothing store was absolutely packed, with more people trying to bargain their way in. It was supposed to go until 10pm but the free booze ran out closer to 8:30pm, and Kevin left shortly there after, so everyone was out of the store before 9pm. All in all it was a great time and I'm glad I got a chance to check it out. I definitely wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for my boys at My Free Concert. Thanks...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment